Monday, May 14, 2012

Great Celebration on Mother's Day

Hope everyone had as nice a Mother's Day yesterday as I had.  Lisa and the boys sent me a delish tin of cookies and Jenny and her gang showed up at the beach condo for afternoon of fun, fun, fun.  Those little rascals really wear me out.  After they left about 7pm I was showered and in bed by 9pm.  LOL!  They are a lot of fun, but are non-stop.  We went to the pool and wore them out a little bit, at least the 6 and 7 year old girls could sit still and watch a Disney movie in the late afternoon.  The boys, 1 and 2, are a different story.  Boy did I ever get on the list with the 1 year old, David.  When he reached for a glass plate and Gramma yelled "No, No!" he sure did not like it.  I was told by my granddaughter, 6 year old Clara, "Gramma, he doesn't like the N word".  Heh!  The N WORD.  Can you believe it? It now has its own initials.... 

I can see why.  Everyone in the family spoils the little tyke.  You really can't help it.  He is so darn cute.  Sophie and Clara (his sisters) think he can do no wrong.  Here's an example of his handy work:

No, it's not what it looks like.  He found one of the girls red markers and just went to town marking himself.  What can you do but hide your face from him and laugh your face off!

So, heavens to Betsy don't say the N WORD.  He might just throw a little fitsky!  All in all it was a fun Mother's Day and I enjoyed every minute of it.  Hubby bought me flowers, the grandkids brought me flowers and we had a great take out bar-b-q dinner from Bono's.  What more could a Grandma want??      I can't think of a thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment